Just to rant .. Sometimes I feel that maybe I shouldn't browse through Facebook Too much. I often think that other people's lives are so much better than mine ; I know I shouldn't feel this way but i should be grateful for all that I have but I jus can't help but feel that Way:( For example , I saw on Facebook that my fren's hubby bought her flowers on Mother's Day to thank her for taking care of the children. My heart was discouraged when I didn't receive such appreciation from my hubby . Or their kids surprised their Mom with some Mother's Day gift .. sigh .. I know it is not healthy to compare but I jus can't help feeling this way whenever I browse through Facebook. Anybody feel the same way as I do ? Or am I the odd one out?

28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hey mummy, don't be discouraged! Like what some mummies have replied, people usually only share the good things on social media - the pretty photos, the proud moments etc. I'm guilty of thinking about the same - that people's lives are better than mine. Most of my friends (I'm 21) have free use over their money, they're always posting about going overseas and travelling with other friends. I also see many other mummies who have great husbands or the financial capacity to always be travelling with their kids too, and it can get upsetting! But on the other hand, we should also be thankful and grateful for what we have :) I may not have a husband/spouse (am a single mum), but I have a very empathic mummy's boy. I may not be earning as much as those who travel very often, but I'm able to work freelance and have better control over my time to balance between self-care, work and spending time with my son! If they get too negative for you, the simplest thing you can do is just to unfollow them - in fact, you can unfollow someone on Facebook without removing them from your friend's list :) It's the same with friends, if things get too hard for you to communicate (especially when there are parents who don't have the same lifestyle or understanding as you), just limit your contact to what's healthy!

Read more

Just tell your husband what you want. In my younger days, I always felt that it's nice to be surprised occasionally with flowers or gifts (without me asking directly) but I end up in disappointment when I don't get them. So, why make yourself miserable? These days, I just tell my man what I want. For example, in my recent birthday, I reminded my husband that this year I don't want gerberras. Would prefer some other flowers instead. I even gave him the discount codes for a few florists! Haha! End of day, I got what I want, which is a mixed bouquet of lilies and roses. I'm happy and my man felt good cos he made the wife happy. Bottom line is, don't expect men to read your mind. Tell him what you want (within his means, of course) and I'm sure the jealous situation will get better. Alternatively, you can choose to unfollow some of the friends' news feed if you think you are going to be affected by what they post. Good luck.

Read more
VIP Member

Dont compare ....Everybody life is different. My hubby didnt even do anything neither did he give me anything neither did he .... Instead he told me mother's day go back see his mother. . But ok la. At least we manage to go back and spend a night at in laws house with lo too. Was happy to see my MIL and instead of celebrating For me.I bring her out for hi tea as a treat. And everything i need to plan as its so last min plans and its my second mothers day hubby also didnt do anything . Anyway i used to it because my man belong to those not romantic type. So what to do ? Its my own decision to be with this person so i have no right to compare and just let it be . After all its just a day . Nothing much 😀 Sometimes , its better not to think that much. You can create your own happiness. So no point being unhappy about that 😀

Read more

I found this has been a trend that fb has a darker side that it depresses people. Because of what you are facing. Yes it has become a social issue. But mummy, it's alright to compare. Just choose how to compare. My husband thinks every day is the same to him. When it comes to his birthday, he would ask for his celebration. 😂 what matters most is, he comes home on time daily, he spends his time with us even on weekends. The rest doesn't really matter anymore. While some husbands, keep raising the bar higher, especially on commercial occasions like this.. he could be saving up for the next big vacation with you and the family. :) Try not to be one of those who got trapped in those social issues. Because Facebook membership is free 😆 medical fees is very high.

Read more

My husband not very expressive too, there is time I feel unappreciated too especially being a SAHM. On top of it, I have mil from hell who reminded me I am SAHM who do nothing at home while her son is working hard every single opportunity she has. Over the years, I learn to focus on my kids and myself only. I only used Facebook to save my happy memories with the kids especially for bad days where I need assurance for my worth as a SAHM. Grass is always greener on the other side; while you envy others about the "great life" they have, they might secretly admire yours.

Read more

It’s human nature , we hv something but to see others why I am not like tht.. it’s come across when we comparing with others , just don’t look in to others life .. be thankful for ur presence n njoy what u hv then onkybwe will be happy . Every person is different n every exposing love is different.. some express their way of love by giving presents or surprises but some just say a wish or a hug .. so don’t compare with others , just be happy as I hv with ur beautiful family

Read more

people normally only post the positive things. And more then often people who post are people who are insecure, therefore they need validation through such social media platform. Don't envy coz people who are truly enjoying life do not need to post and people who post just need some form of validation. It's normal to feel this way, just remind yourself that everyone lead a different life, no point comparin.

Read more

my hb do buy gift for me. but i oso see fb.. friend hb say thank you la. This and that.. and my hb tell my mil.. is wrong to celebrate mother days as in Muslim. i at there rolled eyes.. zzzz.. to me. den dun treat it as wad. juz a simple thanks. and not in fb. i oso happy.. but den.. nothing out from his mouth. and he still can tell his mum. i dun like to celebrate wad mother day father day.. zzz. my god.

Read more

No need compare la. Some husband just not expressive. Father's day also around the corner, you no need to do anything, save trouble. For older lo, after they go to school the teacher sure will teach them deco something for mother. My 17mo only know how to say , papa/ dog/ bird not even want to grant my wish to call me mama on mother's day. I just take it easy and laugh it off!

Read more

I think it's normal to a certain extent. But it also depends on what is ur love language. Sure, flowers are nice. Nice meal is good. Gifts are good. But not everyone wants the same thing. If there is something u want, u should make it known. Easier for everyone. But if it's like flower or cards, I think can just leave it - if it happens, it happens. Just enjoy the day will do

Read more