Baby Bonus & Birth Cert Registration

Quick question about baby bonus. 1. When can i apply for baby bonus? can apply after birth? (Due in 4 weeks time) 2. Can i apply for baby's birth cert together with baby bonus at KKH? 3. What documents are needed to apply? 4. Can i apply baby bonus (to be eligible for cash gift) after i get my married cert (marriage was postponed due to Circuit Breaker) ? 5. When is the latest to register for both birth cert & BB ? (14 days after birth or anytime after birth?) Thanks in advance lovelies!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

The details of the baby bonus are in here:) https://www.babybonus.msf.gov.sg/wp-content/parent/documents/MSF_BabyBonus_Booklet_FA_Highres.pdf Essentially, you should register the birth within 14 days of giving birth, although the government gives a maximum of 42 days. The most convenient way to register birth/apply for baby bonus is to use the Moments of Life app. You can do everything at one shot after your baby’s born. You will need to be legally married to get the baby bonus, so it’s best to at least register the marriage first if possible, even if you delay the wedding.

Read more