Any pregnant mummies traveling soon?

Are any pregnant mummies planning to travel soon? I’m traveling to BKK during my second trim - but thinking if it’s dangerous..

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am in my 2nd trim, departed sg on 29 july at 23 weeks to BKK. Am here in BKK currently when typing this! It’s generally okay, but night markets are not so convenient because it’s crowded and people may not notice your belly. I had to always walk behind my husband or hold my belly when I’m walking. The malls are safe and a lot less crowded. In bkk, there’s a xray machine at most entrances of malls, so do let the security know you’re pregnant and dont walk through it. They are okay with that. Same for airport scans. At sg airport is definitely not an issue, they will do a manual body search and use handheld scanners only at certain parts of your body. Not sure about bkk airport cause am only departing bkk on wed 3/8. Taking grab is safest, I feel. Easier to manage timing, can wait till grab is arriving then you stand to get on the grab. Trains… people dont give up seat. They have lifts at the stations now, so take the lift and don’t climb such long flights of stairs. But dont expect a seat on the train unless there are empty seats.

Read more
2y ago

An update on BKK airport. They are also aware that pregnant ladies should not walk through the xray machine. So just remind the security when you are there, and they allow you to avoid the xray machine and do a manual body search instead. Do look for fast track lane for your passport check when we arrive AND depart BKK. The queue is much shorter and faster, and it gives pregnant ladies, monks, persons with disabilities, air crew, biz/first class passenger priority clearance.

I went to Bali at 31 weeks pregnant, with my gynae’s blessing (and official letter tho no one checked). I would have preferred to travel in second trimester cos I was definitely feeling more of the weight of baby and fatigue and my feet swelled after my sg to Bali flight. But I did a maternity shoot in Bali so just as well I have a bigger bump. For a typical Low risk pregnancy, my gynae allowed regional short flights up to 35 weeks and long haul flights up to 31/32 weeks. As in you have to arrive back in sg by that week. Best to check with your gynae but I really had a great time in Bali! No regrets! ❤️

Read more

Shouldn't be an issue when you're in 2nd trim but check with your gynae first. I travelled to Australia when I was 21 weeks, thankfully all was well. Just refrain from walking too much and eating raw food and what not.

really depends.. for me as a ftm after ttc for many years, my in law doesn't let me travel out of Singapore and my husband agree with it.. so totally stuck in Singapore since covid until now..

I think is fine. I am a FTM too and travelling to BKK alone during mid of second trimester too. Just watch out to not eat street seafood?

I was 20 weeks when i went bkk in June. Came back with a positive covid and recovered in 10 days.

is it your first baby? when i was ftm, i don’t ever dare to go pulau ubin 😂

Going Perth end August!