hi, is it possible to get pregnant while breast feeding? LO is now 3 months old, hub and I are planning for second one when LO is 6 months old so tht the gap between both baby is not too far. I'm direct latching on demand. Thank you.

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Im a mummy of 2 beautiful children. First child weaned off at 6months the second one weaned of at 2years 3 months. And im taking care of them 24hours. :) im a truely great supporter of breastfeeding and also encourages mummies to wean off when its time to do so. Well its recommended to breastfeed up to 2years old. I just recently weaned off my LO at 2years 3months. It has been my goal since i started nursing him. I've tried Many methods from put+ing coffee powder , diversion to cold turkey. And finally, the method that was Success ful was, slow talking to my little one, my first born and husband. The whole family encourage LO. And finally the weekend when we all decide to cold turkey... I slept in another room alone. While my LO co-slept with my husband and 4years old. It was a truely emotional roller coaster for me n LO. Screaming, hitting, kicking and all those temper tantrums i heard of from other mummies. U name it, we even get it from my LO. This night sleep goes on for 4nights consecutively. Day nap was the hardest as im around. I lost to LO on the second daytime. But had to stand my guard and keep strong not to accede to the demand. I keep my faith and keep telling him that i love him and that he is a big boy now. Boobies are for babies only. Thank God from 5 days and then 7 days and then 14 days and now 2months fully weaned off Breastfeeding. He doesn't like formula milk and is drinking soya milk or fresh milk. Hes getting nutrients from other food source now as hes already eating. All the best dear.

Read more
8y ago

Yes it's possible I got pregnant after my elder girl was 15months. I was still breastfeeding.