Who is your gynae? How’s your experience?

Pls share your experience with your gynae, ive not finalised on mine yet, no idea who to choose..

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went with dr. TC Chang from WC Cheng & associates at TMC. He’s very good at managing high risk pregnancy. He’s effective with words and won’t sugar coat or overpromise. My pregnancy was tough and challenging journey from the beginning. Went to see dr. Chang starting from 4 weeks of pregnancy due to brown discharge (yes, it’s bleeding) but he managed to bring my baby safely to the 2nd trimester. Later on nearing the end of my pregnancy, I got diagnosed with multiple complications (GD, pre-eclampsia and cholestasis). I was worried of the development and wellbeing of my baby, esp. on the cholestasis as my body still felt itching even though I’ve been taking the meds. Having the cholestasis, my baby was on the risk of stillbirth. But the condition was well managed, he monitored my baby condition closely with Doppler scan and CTG. Having these complications, to minimise the risk, he advised to deliver my baby somewhere between week 37 and week 38. Since the first trimester, I was hoping have normal delivery, dr. Chang was a pro-normal birth as well. On our last appointment, he assessed me and baby’s condition to see my possibilities of having normal delivery. For safety of both me and baby, he recommended to go with c-section. 2 days later after 2 course of steroid injection to make my baby’s lung matured, I went to hospital early in the morning for c-sect. It was my first time to deliver baby and I felt it was very fast when he cut me open and got my baby out, but the stitching took a while (it‘s bikini cut and the stitches are very tidy). The delivery processed was very smooth and no post-delivery complications. Until today, I’m still amazed that I got the chance of being a mother.

Read more
VIP Member

jocelyn wong from ACJ clinic