Is confinement nanny necessary?

#pleasehelp FTM here and my edd is late Jan 2022 which falls under the Chinese new year period. Have asked around and confinement service during this period are around 5k. I was wondering if it's really necessary to have a stay in confinement lady? I live with my husband only but my in law and parents stay nearby us (walking distance) and I'm sure my mil will be able to help out a little, maybe cooking and washing baby clothes? Have not announce the pregnancy to them yet hence can't discuss much. Anyone could share their experience and thoughts please?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I got a confinement nanny bcos my hubby and have no help at all. But that CN keep taking my baby away from me telling me to rest and nonsense such as I do not have enough breast milk and got my hubby to buy formula milk. First 2 days I broke down and cry uncontrollably thinking I'm such a lousy mum. Luckily my best friend came and console me and told the CN off bcos she knows nothing about breastfeeding she should just shut up. She encouraged me and I continue to persevere to BF my baby. My little one is now a 10 months old strong and happy baby. That can of formula milk was only used once. I think most importantly is not to let the CN interfere with how you want to care for your baby if you have a clear idea how you wanna go about doing it. Oh.. my CN gave us hell for the last week wanting to secure another employer without telling her agency. She was so bz communicating with the next employer she did not help to care for my baby. End up she's a really expensive maid that was not that good with cooking too. *roll eyes* I should have just get confinement meals back then.

Read more