Does long-term hemorrhoids make natural childbirth risky?

(Please give ENGLISH responses only. Thanks.) If the mother has had long-term hemorrhoids on her rectum/anus for a few years even before her first pregnancy, is it too risky to have a natural labor and birth? What are the risks? We were told by the birthing center that they can't accept the natural birth there because of the hemorrhoids and we need to go to a hospital. Is C-section (cesarean) inevitable? We're trying to stick to natural birth. I have to ask this question because all my Google searches are pointing me to "pregnancy hemorrhoids" and "post-partum hemorrhoids". I'm hitting a dead end about long-term hemorrhoids. #1stimemom #pregnancy #advicepls #firstbaby #naturalbirth #cesarean #hemorrhoids (Please give ENGLISH responses only. Thanks.)

1 Reply
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply
Super Mum

Hi mommy.. In my opinion, they're just thinking of your safety since natural birth can worsen the condition of your hemorrhoids. In my experience, I was always constipated pre pregnancy and I experienced having hemorrhoids while I was pregnant. My OB was not even bothered when I told her I have hemorrhoids. I still gave birth naturally and she treated my hemorrhoids after giving birth😊

Magbasa pa