Hi parents, any recommendation brand of FM? My 18m LO been taking Nan since weaned off Bm, recently she been suffering constipation.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, You know any change in the diet can cause constipation in babies. I think you give him raisins, and also give him high fibre diet, that is, vegetables and fruits. Foods containing probiotics and yogurt can also help in having good digestive system. But make him have enough fluids to flush out the leftovers from his body. Encourage the child to use toilet the first thing in the morning. Set toilet timing for the child, so no matter what he will want to pass stool once his timings are set. You can also try giving him lukewarm water instead of regular one. Try the above things and if the problem still not gets resolved conduct his doctor. Sometimes, mild laxative for the kid is given. I, myself have given a laxative (syrup) to my daughter when she was around the same age as your baby. That aided her and eventually the constipation became fine.

Read more

Hey dear, milk varies to each individual differently. No one milk suits all. You may want to try goats milk? Its milder and less phlegm compared to other milk. Also is she on solids? Give her water, fruits and vegetables, or even yogurt.

You can try to feed more water , or can try to feed prune purée or prune juice , if u like to try other fm you can request sample 1st