Advice needed!

Hi parents! The cases in Singapore is really worrying me now. I really trapped in between. My bosses been wanting us to return to office full time. And should I continue sending the baby to infant care? What should I do?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi Mama, I can understand your anxiety and worry. However, since we’re treating COVID as an endemic progressively, it means it’s here to stay. Here’s the great news - our bodies are very resilient and the more we expose our body to external factors and bacteria, the stronger our systems get. Babies are far more resilient than we are because they’re still developing so their antibodies can program themselves to face the current pandemic too. I’m not saying that both of you will be 100% covid / omicron free but it helps to take one step at a time. Further, staying at home and living in fear can also cause stress to you, and mental health may be affected when your baby needs you. Of course, it’s important that you take the necessary precautions as well. Just food for thought mama. At the end of the day, the decision lies with you.

Read more
Super Mum

The health of your child and other family members, and the steps your child care facility or provider takes to help prevent the spread of Covid is important. You'll want to be comfortable with how the center plans to clean and disinfect, screen children and staff for symptoms, and handle illness. Check with your child care center to ask about: .Cleaning and disinfecting procedures. .Daily health checks and screening. .Testing and isolation . If they have frequent visitors. This may help ease your mind by knowing the steps and precaution taken.

Read more

I quit my job, looked after my firstborn and now pregnant with my 2nd. Currently staying in between in-laws and parents houses while waiting for our BTO to be ready end of the year. Currently also living a simple lifestyle with 1 income. I know it’s going to get super tough but hey, I’ve never been happier to quit my job and see my child through all her milestones. If infant care is the only solution for you, then no choice. Otherwise can ask help from family members?

Read more