Exercise while pregnant

Out of curiosity have anyone of u does mma exercise while pregnant?? Eg muay thai, boxing, warriorfit etc...😆

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Really depends on individuals. I had to stop all sports in my first trimester as I was bleeding a bit but once gynae cleared me for sports I went back to quite intense in second tri. But I had always been an athlete pretty much my whole life and discussed with gynae before the go ahead. Definitely don’t do contact sports throughout but in Muay Thai, boxing, or any martial arts, if you have very stable stance and you are throwing your controlled punches / kicks in the air, not to the punching bag, paddings, etc, can be done. Controlled is the key. Definitely not sparring. Also, you Really must know your body. I did similar things but I have also been more or less a high performance athlete for martial arts too and of course stopped immediately once I feel slightly breathless, so intensity of doing whatever sports is nothing like before being pregnant! Listen to the body, the baby and most importantly your gynae.. he/she has seen the baby’s growth, where all your vitals like placenta, etc are at so they can advice better. Be detailed with them. So when u tell them u wanna do Muay Thai tell them exactly what it is u r doing. Anything contact or unstable i m sure they would say no.

Read more
4y ago

Wow detailed advised! Yes i will definitely not do sparring i will let my gynae know. Thanks for advise!☺️

I don't think I even have the energy to lift a leg with those kind of exercises lol! I will advise against it though as the exercises above or should I say sports are too demanding and require physical body contact which may harm your pregnancy. Too risky mama! Better stick to the normal exercises

I’m still hitting the gym and doing cardio, strength and stretching exercises with my trainer. Currently approaching week 31. Just don’t over exert yourself if you’re tired, uncomfortable to do it. Everyone is different you just got to find something that suits you. 😊

Super Mum

Definitely not those high intensity ones as they can be very risky and prone to accidents. Light exercise or cardio is recommended although I feel too sick to even do these 🤮. Yoga can be very beneficial too.

VIP Member

I have been attending spin class 4 to 5 times a week throughout my pregnancy. currently at 30 weeks and still enjoying it!

Got myself a personal trainer experienced in Pre and post natal training!

no, I try to walk as much as possible

4y ago

do rest when you feel breathless, don't force yourself. seek advice from your gynae too

Did muay thai till 33.5 wks

4y ago

Wow!! 👏🏼