First scan at week 7

Only a sac can be seen. Quite worrying, doc implied ectopic pregnancy is possible. Asked to go back in a week for a scan or do immediate blood test now and in next 48 h. Chose to wait for to scan again next week. Don’t know what to think 😢 wonder if using last period first date is accurate. No pain or bleeding. Maybe very light brown spotting seen 3 days ago?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i had my scan at my supposedly week 6 based on last period (and i have a very regular cycle of 28 days and almost always regular ovulation in mid cycle), and basically saw nothing. no sac no yolk no fetus. got a huge scare but blood test showed hcg and positive early pregnancy. My gynae suggested my ovulation could have come like 1 to 2 weeks late and late conception, so measure from last period is not always accurate. we scanned again 2 weeks+ later and this time saw the baby and its heartbeat and measured about 6 weeks 5d - 7 weeks~

Read more
1y ago

♥️

I also had my first scan at "week 7" (calculated based on the first day of my last period). Could only see a yolk sac then. Like you, I was quite worried. But at my second scan today, 2 weeks after the initial scan, we saw the foetus and also heard the heartbeat. Doc estimated I'm 8 weeks pregnant. Think the period method is not always accurate as it depends on ovulation date. Have faith and I'm sure all will go well!

Read more
1y ago

I’ll be scanning exactly one week later. Hope it makes a difference. Kinda ready for whichever way it goes after these few days… thanks for your positivity ♥️

I had my scan on my supposingly week 7. But during the scan doc only discover a sac and yolk. ( the scan stated that I’m only 5.5week pregnant) Was told that either it’s not growing anymore or it may be too small/early. Will be going for my scan again next week to confirm. Didn’t go for blood test…Hoping for the best for you too!

Read more
1y ago

♥️

Had TVS showing sac with no yolk and fetal pole as well, it was small only dating 5 weeks. I read too many things online just to realise that it can go either way. 2 weeks later we managed to see the fetal pole and heart beat! Press on on this wait :)

1y ago

♥️

VIP Member

Stay positive mummy! Prolly miscalculated your dates. I had the same thing before. But mine was due to blighted ovum. Hoping the best for you ❤️

1y ago

♥️