Getting a Mum & baby Insurance a Must!

Now that my wife is pregnant again, I really pray that everything is smooth now and no complications like what happened in our first 2 miscarriages. Have you taken a plan for complications benefit? Nowadays, left and right we are hearing miscarriages,pre eclampsia and more.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This is my intake. I bought maternity insurance for my firstborn in Oct 2020. I was subsidised and had an emergency c-sect and developed preeclampsia post-delivery and was admitted for a total of 6D5N. My total bill was almost $12k (Govt subsidy $7k) and there was an excess ($5k) that was covered by my hospital insurance and didn’t touch my Medisave. My antenatal claim was $1200, reimbursed to me by cash cheque. My daily hospital stay $900 was given to me by cash cheque (this was covered under the maternity insurance). For my 2nd born (July 2022), I did not take any maternity insurance. I had an emergency c-sect due to breech presentation and was warded for 4D3N (standard for c-sect). My bill was almost $10k (Govt subsidy $5k), my insurance claim was declined so excess ($5k) was deducted thru Medisave. My antenatal claim was $1200, wasn’t reimbursed by cash cheque but into Medisave. I did not receive daily hospital stay reimbursement because I didn’t take maternity insurance. That’s what my agent told me. Bottom line is, you must understand that insurance only covers complications to a certain extend. Do enquire more on the coverage before you sign up for one.

Read more

There are two main types. The maternity insurance u get prior to getting pregnant (I think u need a 12 month moratorium) and maternity insurance u get after getting pregnant. Since your wife is already pregnant, like me, I could only get maternity insurance from 13 weeks gestation onwards. They want to make sure u pass your first trimester and genetics tests I guess. I got the AIA empowered mum 2 baby and it covers major genetic and premature complications and NICU costs. Also, once baby is born, it converts to baby life insurance! Good luck and congrats to u both! ❤️

Read more

getting a mum siti hawa Chua gek marine Chua @baby ink a must have