Not much movement in ultrasound

Is it normal if the baby doesn’t move much during ultrasound scan? I had my 12 week scan recently and the sonographer was struggling to get the measurement as my baby was not straightening the body. Eventually did but it took quite a while. Sonographer or gynae didn’t highlight anything about it so I guess it’s normal? Is it?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is normal. Sometimes they can be sleeping or just not active. However, if during ultrasound you have question you can ask along the way. The screen will show all the body parts, measurement that they are taking. Any doubt you are facing or curious to know do ask straight away. Sometimes you can also eat something sweet or have breakfast,etc to ensure baby move and be active. Talk to them etc.

Read more

just had a scan at week11 too, baby was sleeping, then my gynae pressed around my belly to shake the baby & wake it up and it started to stretch the hands n legs! after a while it continued sleeping. i guess it is normal?

my obgyn told me to try coughing!! but it didn't work for me 😁 says baby was sleeping happily. my next scan imma pray beforehand walk around more eat and cough cough 😅

Read more