Baby Vomit

Is it normal for baby to vomit? My 1 month + baby keeps vomiting after feeding. I'm only feeding 80ml. Even after burping, she still vomits.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

regurgitate happens when babies drink too much milk as their tummies are still small. You can try to cut down on his/ her milk or give your baby milk at a later timing. It can also happen because we never burp them too which you’ve mentioned you did this. it could also be due to the way we carry them after they had their milk. Try not to jiggle them after they just finish their milk. Always position them upright. From what i know cold wind blowing towards them after their feeding too will make babies regurgitate or vomit out their milk. Do adjust the aircon or fan speed.

Read more
Super Mum

Regurgitation happens commonly. But different babies also have different volumes of milk their stomachs can take. Perhaps cut down on the volume that you give per feed, and feed more frequently for now. You can also try burping after feeding every ~30ml.

4y ago

It’s an okay volume, but I know for mine, I needed to split the 80ml into about 40-40 (about 10min interval), otherwise she would always vomit a lot of it. Now at 3 months, the regurgitation is much less