Is it normal for a 5mth old LO not to urine from 10pm to 8am? Checked my LO's diaper and still dry since last change before she slept.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My lo has the same problem previously. Sometimes, her diaper went dry in the early dawn or sometimes, with slight urine. It depends whether she did wake up in the night. Once she woken up, the diaper was somehow more heavy. I did post the same question like yours previously. Than, I realized it's just her pattern. As long she has no signs of dehydration, it should be ok and no other symptoms that accompany with it.

Read more

Has your baby started to sleep through the night? Last drink before 9pm? I do notice that when my LO sleeps through the night and last drink is before 9pm, her diapers will be dry till the next day morning. Same goes to adults. Drink water before 9pm and it reduces the chance of waking up to pee in the middle of the night. If baby has sufficient wet diapers in th day time, I doubt there's anything to be alarmed.

Read more
8y ago

I believe you meant 6 hours? Check the colour of baby's pee on diapers. If the colour is barely there like clear uncooked egg white colour (also known as straw colour or faint pale yellowish colour), I would not be too concern. However, if you are worried, please consult a doctor to be on the safe side.