unbearable itchiness at the stomach area

Hi all, Need help in advising! My wife is still in her 1st trimester (about 10 weeks plus) and most of the time she has itch around her adominal area and she kept scratching. May I know what causes this? How can we prevent this itchiness or lessen the itch? Please kindly help! Thank you in advance!?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

It's normal I had itchyness when I'm 5 weeks pregnant it is due to dry skin. https://community.theasianparent.com/q/when-i-found-im-pregnant-i-start-using-stretch-marks-cream1st-trimesters/847833?d=mobile&ct=q&share=true I hope my link can help.

Read more

its hormone change and also due to stomach getting bigger so also must apply anti strectch mark cream, u can use suubalm cream to relieve the itch which is available at guardian or watson (its very effective)

Should be skin stretching like mine. Started using bio-oil and it stopped itching. Try to tell her not to scratch as it will scar. Mine has scar but it’s fading after I stop scratching n using bio-oil

I have the same issue during my 1st trimester. But I try not to scratch it and after few days it wont feel itchy anymore. The more you scratch, the more it will feel itchy..

TapFluencer

Use moisturiser and dont scratch. It's due to the skin stretching to accommodate her growing belly. Scratch more will have stretch Mark's.

Does she have any kind of rashes? Cause I had red rashes and it was Super itchy. I show my gynae the rash and she said it was puppp

Post reply image

Its the skin stretching. Better not scratch it and apply coco palmer cream to prevent!

Thats normal. Try ur best not to scratch. Apply stretchmark cream and gently rub.

Use a stretch mark cream for moisturise that area

VIP Member

Hormones and skin stretching. Try to air it instead.

4y ago

Thanks for the kind advise! 👍 I shall ask her to do that when we are at home. Appreciate it!