Getting a Doppler or not?

Is it necessary to get a Doppler? Because I had been watching pregnant mums using Doppler to listen/monitor the baby’s heartbeat which I find it kinda cool 😅 but am not sure if it’s necessary.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yea don't trust doppler too much. The best way to know if your baby is doing well is to feel for fetal movements daily (usually after 19weeks), and making sure you are consistently gaining weight and eating well.

I asked my gynae on the very first visit and he strongly advised not to, haha. He said most people may not use it correctly, and the misinterpretation of heart rate will cause unnecessary stress and panicking.

I bought one when having #1 because he was my rainbow baby and I felt the need to make sure my baby is still there. honestly, I can't hear anything. I stopped using after w16 when I can feel baby's movement.

Not needed for home use. You may misinterprete your fetal's heart rate if you use it by yourself. Not advisable to use it often too that's why your gynae will only use it on you once a month.

Not necessary as we may not be able to use it effectively. Imagine how much stress and fear it would cause when you cannot detect or misinterpret the heart rate.

If you are a paranoid FTM maybe you can get one but don’t trust the Doppler too much like what the other mummies comment below...

TapFluencer

I didn't get it I think it's not necessary to me

Waste money