Nb has baby acne and i'm a worried ftm

My nb is 25 days old and she developed baby acne several days back. It started getting crusty around her nose, chin and right ear so we brought her to see a PD 3 days ago. We were told that it's normal and advised to wash with water + apply moisturizer. Till date it hasn't gotten better and we dropped using the moisturizer as we are afraid baby's skin might be too sensitive for it, so we only wash her face with water now a few times a day. We have also noticed that her acne tends to flare up more after a bath or after we wipe her face with water. Any mummies went through the same thing? How long did your baby's acne take to clear? I know recovering from acne takes awhile but im still quite worried as a ftm so some reassurance and tips would be helpful. Thanks!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Is it because the water is too ‘hot’ for her? My baby used to shower at 36-38 degrees but she will keep getting red spots after shower, we then tried reducing the temperature to 32-33 degrees and it significantly reduced to little or none. For nb face, it’s actually normal. As a FTM I did panicked and tried a few methods. What works best for me is, warm water cotton balls to clean face, don’t reuse the balls on the same spots. After it dries, I’ll apply sebamed facial cream. (I usually stop this cream when it’s better and switch back to Cetaphil lotion.)

Read more

I used Tubby Todd All Over Ointment for my baby. Cleared her baby acne within a few days. Quite pricey though

my son also had it.... it clear up after 2 months, just wipe his face after every feed with wetwipes

I didn’t do anything to clear my baby’s acne. It cleared up by itself. Prolly ard 1-2 weeks