My husband and I have decided to stop having kids (we already have 2, and that's enough for us). But I just found out that I am pregnant. I can't afford to have another child now (my other 2 are aged 11 and 12). I have always been against abortion, but that seems to be the only choice we have now. Will someone please share if they have been through an abortion and what I can expect (emotionally) once I've gone through with it. Should I prepare myself and my hubby for anything negative?

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try to ask yourself why you can't keep the baby. If it is due to financial, you can adjust current family living styles e.g. less eat out, less traveling and etc. There will be a solution definitely. If it is due to no one to take care of the baby, you can find alternative arragements e.g. nanny, IFC. Each life is precious. Just because the baby is in no.3 sibling sequence doen't mean he or she don't have the right to stay in this world. I have a friend who aborted her 3rd baby and regretted until now and the relationship with husband ends up a lot of blaming and regrets. Whenever she sees other people's announced no.3 pregnancy, she can't help to feel sad and think about "what if" she keep the baby. But it's too late already. Do think twice.

Read more