My girl don't like to drink plain water

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can also try making it into a "fun" activity. For some reason, my friend's son really loves doing the "yum seng" cheer. So my friend would bring his bottle/cup to her son and get him to do the "yum seng" and bottoms up. hahaha.. He never gets tired of it and always gets "tricked" into drinking his water (he also doesn't like drinking plain water otherwise). Perhaps you can try getting your girl to pick up a special mug to encourage her to drink more water? If not, adding some flavours by diluting juices or adding fruits (like what Vanessa) suggested may work as well. :)

Read more

My girls from the start also don't like water and since she coughs easily and with formula being so heaty, I left with no choice but to cook vege water. It ha vitamins and anti oxidants, she loves it. Slowly I try to wean her off and introduce water, she was ok to accept after a while. Till now on and off I will still cook vege water for her, she will drink 4-5 cups a day. I put carrot, broccoli, cauliflowers and garlic. Boil till some taste comes out and it give her drink the water. At least it's still better than Ribena, etc since they don't like water.

Read more
4y ago

Wooow clever Mom I never thought about boiling vegs

Have you tried using a special cup? One of my colleagues' bought a glittery princess plastic goblet specially for her 6 year old daughter so she can drink from a princess cup. They bring the special princess cup everywhere because it's the only way she'd drink her water.

Post reply image

I started by giving diluted juices. Slowly reduce the amount of juice added. Now I leave the sippy cup where she can easily access. Realised she will reach for it on her own to drink but will refuse when I offer it to her. Maybe she wants some independence?

9 year old. maybe can explain what water is important . think she can understand by now. hmm. mayne can suggest that drink kore water can make ur skin pretty . and u also would love to have healthy and pretty skin right

Its normal for kids to dislike drinking plain water cause it's tasteless. You can try adding some strawberries or put it in a fancy character cup that your girl adores. Works well for my little one. :)

It's always good to encourage. May add a little honey so it's not that 'tasteless'. You may introduce nice waterbottles to make frequent water drinking interesting.

You can encourage water drinking with fruit infused water. Like putting strawberries, Apple, orange, grapes etc. How old is ur daughter? Do this for Toddlers.

don't worry so much my little girl at first also don't drink slowly they will start to drink anyway they get water from other source like milk and porridge

8y ago

I think its influence from friends too. In school she probably dont drink plain water, thats why?

How old is your girl? Maybe you can try adding in strawberries or some other fruits so at least there's abit of taste in plain water?