My friend has these spider veins like patches on her right leg and now in 3rd trimester, will it go off after delivery?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Unfortunately, varicose veins are a (not-so-pleasant) side effect of pregnancy. Thankfully, it is likely that they will shrink or disappear within a few months after a mother gives birth. To help lessen the effect of these veins, you can ask your friend to try doing the following: - Get off her feet whenever she can to help keep the blood following. Elevate legs if possible. - Minimize sitting with legs crossed - Move around, take walks to help improve circulation of blood in the legs - Wear comfortable clothes that are not too tights (especially around the waist, near the top of her legs). - Wear comfortable shoes that are not tight fitting or have stiletto heels. Also avoid socks with tight elastic tops. - Keep to a balance diet. Include more food high in vitamin C so that her body could use it to produce collagen and elastin to help keep her veins healthy. It is also suggested that berries and garlic could help make vein walls and blood vessels stronger. - Sleep on her left side to help avoid pressure on your main blood vessels to keep the circulation strong. Apart from these, your friend can refer to this article for some home remedies that you can consider: http://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/home-remedies-varicose-veins.html

Read more

I had faint spidery veins at the back of my knees due to my old job (stood alot, long hours). A colleague recomnended apple cider vinegar as treatment for varicose veins. And it works! Apparently, it is a natural cleanser and also improves blood flow and circulation. Apply undiluted apple cider vinegar on the skin over the varicose veins and gently massage the area. Do it every day before going to bed and again in the morning. You can also add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and stir well. Drink the concoction twice a day for one month to see positive results.

Read more

This is known as varicose veins and it will go away after giving birth. My friend has varicose veins during pregnant and she got a pair of maternity compression socks to ease the swelling and reduce the varicose veins. She commented that it is effective to reduce the varicose veins. She got it from pharmacy shop at KKH. http://www.maternitysockshop.com/home.php

Read more

thanks