My boy loves to eat cheese slices. Is this good for him? If not, what kind of cheese is good? He's 1 y old.

Post image
5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is best to avoid processed cheese as these usually contain a lot of chemicals, salt, preservatives, flavor enhancer etc. It is best to stick to natural cheese for babies and toddlers. Here are some that are considered safe: Cheddar, Parmesan, Edam, Colby, Colby Jack, Swiss, Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Romano, Provolone, Red Leicester, Gouda, Cottage Cheese, Ricotta, Mascarpone, Cream Cheese (list is not exhaustive) And here are some to avoid: Brie, Camembert, Chevre, Queso Blanco, Queso Fresco (list is not exhaustive) Another thing to look out for when choosing cheese would be the sodium content. Best to choose those that has less than 680mg per 100gm.

Read more

My nephews and nieces are crazy about the Laughing Cow Cheese. I remember eating this during my childhood too. It is safe for your child as long as your child can sit with support and mash or gum food. Moreover it's pasteurised so it's safe for baby. Individually wrapped, the Laughing Cow Cheese is a great and healthy snack for your child that is perfect for on-the-go. You can cut or break it into little pieces if you don't trust baby to hold on to his own wedge of cheese. These are available in pretty much any supermarket and doesn't cost too much at all (less than 5 SGD for a container if I remember right)

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

I think there is no harm to children in having cheese slices. Still, I have found an article which may give you correct information regarding your question. https://sg.theasianparent.com/benefits-of-cheese-cheese-and-your-children?utm_source=article-bottom&utm_medium=copy&utm_campaign=article-share

My little brother did. We also had to hide the sticks of butter. Hes now 13 and healthy he's so damn skinny i don't know how he does it 😂

thanks