My baby is becoming a anti social..she just doesnt mingle in a crowd n sticks to me..is this normal behaviour??

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It could be that your baby is experiencing stranger anxiety. It is a common behavior exhibited by babies when they are about six months old. They get anxious about being around people they are unfamiliar with. They will react by clinging onto their main caregiver or crying when others try to hold them. While it is natural that you will worry that your baby is not mingling well with other, this also signifies that your baby has come to recognize you as her source of comfort. In addition, as your baby learns to crawl and move around, her anxiety will ensure that she will still stay within close proximity and not wander off too far. Stranger anxiety is unlikely to disappear completely but will lessen with time. To help her cope with this anxiety, first try to calm your baby when she is having a meltdown. After the baby is more relaxed, reintroduce her to the friend/relative and allow your baby to decide how much contact she wants with the person. You must also stay calm and confident so that your baby will feel reassured. When your baby recognized that the other person appeared to be someone you trust, there is a higher chance that she will be more accepting of that person. As she grows, always explain to her that you understand her anxiety but she could also learn to trust those close to the family. This will help build her socializing skills. Here is a great article you can refer to for more information on stranger anxiety: http://www.secretsofbabybehavior.com/2010/01/when-stranger-anxiety-isnt-only-for.html

Read more

When baby is young, it is very normal for them not to mix or mingle with friends or strangers as they feel very insecure with unfamiliar environment/people. After they attend school or playgroup, they will outgrow it and more socialable. What you can do now is to let him join playdates with friends or neighbors' kids. Also, there are some weekly classes such as kindermusik, MyGym playgroup that you can join together with your baby. This will be a good start to encourage baby to be more socialable.

Read more

Maybe your bubs is going through separation anxiety right now? My older daughter was like that. Each time we are in an unfamiliar environment, she clings onto me like a baby kuala and wails if anyone tries to carry her. She grew out of it though and now is one of the friendliest child I've ever seen before.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-2169)

thanks