My 7 months old is recovering from his flu but he still has phlegm in his throat .. Can hear when he coughs. Can I still give him fruit like apples , pears? I know should avoid citrus fruit but how about non-citrus fruit?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Well, some sources say that blueberries are safe after baby turns 6 months, some prefer to wait till they turn a year old. At least, here in Sweden (where I am currently living), babies are given blueberries (in the form of purees or unsweetened home made jams) as a complement to their oatmeal, yogurt or pancakes. If you are worried, you can try to give baby a little taste and gradually increase. Keep a lookout for any allergies or reactions. If you are wary, just wait till baby turns a year old. http://www.livestrong.com/article/1002342-safe-baby-eat-blueberries/

Read more

Apples and pears are okay for flu recovery, with phlegm. Maybe cut them or puree them finely so baby can eat them without aggravation his throat. You can only try including berries in baby's recovery diet. They are rich in vitamins, nutrients and great anti-oxidants that help to protect your body from a great number of diseases, including common cold and flu. Cranberries, blueberries and cherries are known to boost the immune system while raspberries are a well-known natural remedy to relieve fever and treatment of sinus infections.

Read more

Hi there, I usually buy my berries frozen so before mashing or pureeing in a blender, I'd steam them first. If you have fresh ripe berries, you can skip this step. I would serve the puree over oatmeal, yogurt or other fruits like apples and bananas. Below is a step by step you can follow :) http://www.parents.com/recipes/baby-food/how-to-make-blueberry-puree/

Read more

I have a friend who advised to avoid banana, grape and orange if a child is having cold/flu. For fruits, she recommend watermelon, pineapple, apple and pear which are higher in water content.

Hi sorry would like to ride on the post. For berries, do i puree it? First time mum here :)

Can give blueberry to 7 months old baby ?:)