My 6month baby fall of bed (2feet height) hit head on wooden floor this morning. She did cry out loud and looks scared. But she seems ok after we console her. We checked every part.. no bumps or injury. But not sure she got brain injury not. Should we bring her visit doctor?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm sorry that this happened but generally babies and toddlers aren't injured in falls as they have softer bones and don't tend to tense up while falling until they've experienced the pain of a few falls. Unless your baby is showing pain or a side effect from the fall such a losing consciousness, it's unlikely you have anything to worry about. Observe your baby for 24hrs, if she have signs of repeated vomiting, lethargic, acting strangely or drowsy, unequal pupil size. http://www.babycenter.com/0_falls-what-to-do-when-a-baby-or-toddler-gets-a-bump-on-the-h_397.bc Please bring to the doctor if she has any of the mentioned symptoms

Read more

Agree with the ladies to observe her for the symptoms highlighted by Jasmine. Offer her more cuddles if she still appear shaken but I reckon she will be back to her normal self in no time. If any bumps develop, you can apply zam-buk to help with the healing.

Post reply image

I agree with Jasmine. Observe your baby closely but its pretty common for babies to fall off the bed. Mine has fallen off at least 3 times! But we've never had to take him to the doctor yet!