My 6 year old has been suffering from eczema since she was 1. How long does it take for children to outgrow eczema?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Studies have shown that nearly 40% of children affected do outgrow eczema. The other 60% who don’t outgrow it will have to learn how to manage the condition their whole lives by maintaining good skin habits, avoiding triggers and for extreme cases, using steroids. I had mild eczema growing up and it kindda stopped when I started puberty at 11. However, the remnants of this condition is still visible in my neck area if one were to look really closely. I haven't had an episode for nearly 18 years but when I am super duper stressed I do get hives which the doctor says is a result as my dormant eczema.

Read more

You may want to adjust your son's diet too to help him healing faster. Eczema is linked to deficiency of good bacteria in the gut. To overcome this problem, consume prebiotic such as Arabic Gum and probiotic (i buy brand LactoGG) probiotocs are the healthy bacteria while prebiotics are 'food' that help growth of the bacteria. Reduce or replace white sugar intake, and avoid preservatives,food coloring,junk food.

Read more

Hi there, let me share with you about my daughters situation. I’ve used I think mostly all of the products for daughter for last 12 years until now I discovered this really good product. It’s also important that the detergents we use are safe, non toxic and free of parabens. Do contact me privately at 92330648 and I can share more with you what I do for my daughter the last 12 years.

Read more

mm.. I think it is 1 years old, 3 years old and 5 years old. according to dermatologist. but I use to have it, kind of break off after about puberty.. Guess the body changes. Anyway for your kid just need to keep clean and moisturise. can try using this QV bath oil and cream. good and affordable.