Very anxious, stressed and scared

Hi mums, i'm 34 weeks tonight and very anxious, scared, and stressed. I cry everyday. Sometimes i cry for nothing. I'm just so scared to give birth especially the recovery afterwards. Can you share your vaginal birth experience with me please? What i'm most scared of is the tear and to poop after that..šŸ˜­ Sometimes i pity my husband. He always make sure i'm ok but this part he just cannot help me..noone can..cause when my anxiety comes it's really badšŸ˜”

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mama, Iā€™ve been in your shoes 8m ago. I cried so badly before I accept the fact that I have to be induced that night and my husband was like ā€œomg what happenā€. šŸ˜… Hereā€™s my birth experience. Iā€™m someone who has very low threshold for pain especially when in contact with needles (I black out). I would say my entire birth process was painless. Just grab the laughing gas when you feel that contractions are unbearable, request for epidural if needed. I was hugging onto the laughing gas and was high on it that I didnā€™t even feel anything during epidural and IV drip. It sounds really scary but I would say take it slowly. Wash your private area with Dettol or mild soap after peeing/pooping, it helps speed up recovery by a lot. This donā€™t hurt at all šŸ˜ƒ For poopoo, they will give you stool softener so you donā€™t have to strain while pooping. Overall I was waddling for the first 4-5 days cause Iā€™m scared but I was able to function properly after that. Donā€™t watch birth videos, donā€™t listen too much. I listened to peopleā€™s birth experience saying how painful xxx is and I ended up stressing myself. Every birth experience is different. šŸ’ŖšŸ» Good luck mama!! Remember to hang on to the laughing gas!! šŸ«¶šŸ»

Read more
2y ago

Omg thank you so much dear mummy, so helpful and comforting. I will follow your tips!!šŸ˜­ā¤

hello mummy, don't worry. you can do this. i had 2 natural births without epi. my friends had epi and they said it was a great help. just follow your body! and for recovery wise, take it slow, walk slowly and get help. usually vaginal birth heals fast. *hugs*

mind over body. when the midwive told me its time to push. i just tell her, give me 15 mins. i did for all 3 pregnancies. it works, its telling your body, you are in control and you are gonna give birth to a little human. You can do this!