Reflux in baby

Any mums dealing with reflux in formula fed baby? Any tips on how to cope? When does it get better? Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Im currently having the same prob with my LO esp the first few weeks, not only is she having reflux but hiccups following the reflux. I was told by my Pedia that it's a normal thing because babies' GI tract (tummies) are still developing and that the valve that holds the stomach content is still lax that causes reflux. Babies aren't that bothered anyway, my baby still can laugh and giggle at me while I'm covered with vomit 😂 . I've learned a couple of strategies as my LO is a happy vomiter. I always ready a handful of towels by my side while burping and/or feeding and always put her upright for 10-15 mins after feed and make sure she burp after feed.

Read more
Super Mum

Mine used to have reflux but was breastfed. But I think the advice is the same, keep baby up straight and pat the back for half an hour after feeding. If it doesn't improve you can bring to a doctor to get medicated. It will naturally get better at around 3 months.

VIP Member

My LO had almost no regurgitations from 2 months onwards. I attributed it to her growing tummy which, by 2 months can already accommodate the amount of milk she was taking.

VIP Member