First Baby

Hi Mummysss! Need some advice as this is my first pregnancy, I'm already at 32 weeks. Should I prepare the "emergency bag" now ? What does emergency bag consist of ?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can slowly prepare. Best to be ready by 37 weeks cause that’s full term already. Below are some of what you can pack. NRIC for both husband & wife Marriage cert Admission form Appt booklet Baby swaddle Baby clothes (2-piece or 1 piece) Mittens & booties Cap Mummy pillow (optional) Mummy going-home clothes (nursing-friendly if possible) Mummy post-partum underwear Mummy nursing bra & nursing pads Mummy nursing cover Compression socks (can ask from hospital, $) Socks & anti-slip slippers Toiletries & towel (if don’t want to use hospital’s) Charger Binder (important especially for c-sect) Portable bidet (normal delivery, be careful when you use hospital’s bidet cause the pressure might be too strong and your stictches can tear open again so be sure to check before use) Perineal cool pads (get them off Carousell beforehand, much cheaper than retail, but some hospitals provide them)

Read more
2y ago

Breast pump optional, hospital provides them with extra charge. Previously I heard some hospitals don’t allow you to bring your own pump. So I’m not sure. I brought my own pump in 2020 (gave birth in KKH) but ended up using hospital’s pump (Medela Symphony) cause so damn good lol. Admission form, I also not sure. That was what I was being told to bring but because I went to hospital when my contractions were quite regular, I didn’t have the admission form. We just went up straight to Level 2 Delivery Suite and filled up some forms and I was immediately admitted while my husband continued filling up forms and chose the ward.