Maternity pads

Hi mummy’s which brand of maternity pads have u used after delivery.. I guess we need it a lot right .. n to hospital r we need to bring those as well ?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hey Navya! Congratulations! Yes you can use those from the hospital and yes you may need quite a number but I find the ones that are synthetic (using plastics) cause irritation, especially when you’ve just delivered. I tend to look for the fully organic or cotton ones which make it a lot more comfortable down there. I brought my own to the hospital and used theirs (since I pay for them anyway) for the lining on the panty below the ones I bought so they don’t leak through but that’s just a suggestion. I hope this helps and all the best!

Read more

I bought those really big ones before I gave birth but I was given blood clot injections so I didn't bleed alot although I had a vaginal delivery hence it's useless for me to use them but I got myself the normal wing pads. But if you bleed alot, get those really big ones no matter what brand. If I can remember it correctly, the biggest one we have here is 35cm or 38cm. And you don't need to bring any pads cos it will be provided in the hospital.

Read more

I don’t like the maternity pads cause they’re thick and very uncomfortable. I had an episiotomy so that makes it even more painful. I used the normal long pads but have to change regularly as bleeding was heavy. Hospital will only give the maternity pads after delivery, which you can bring home too.

Hospital will use cold pad and normal maternity pads as the initial flow is great. After which I used normal 35 or 40 cm pad.

I wore disposable panties with normal pads, those with super long cm. Dont need to waste money buying expensive ones. 😉

Don't buy too much tho. I prepped alot too, and ended up doing an emergency cesarean instead.

3y ago

ooh but csect doesn't require maternity pads? won't there still be blood loss from below after delivery?

TapFluencer

i used normal pad, but hospital did provide (charged) can't remember what brand

i bought 55cm secret garden pad doesnt leak at all but damn longggggg