6 years old boy

Hi mummy how can I handle a 6 years old boy who cries alot ? Like cry over a small little thing.....

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

A small thing to us might be a big thing to him. Let him know you're there for him and calm him down first before talking to him about it. Offer him alternatives to crying according to the situation after he calms down e.g. Maybe next time instead of crying you can count to 10 to calm down and tell mama what you need

Read more

Sometimes i will let him cry it out.. Then after he cool down i will talk to him and ask him why he is soo upsad... If let say my boy cry over he cant find his toys or he cry because he dont want to listen to me i will just ignore...

Small matters like? Distract him with other things.. Or ignore his cry.. Sometimes children cry just to get attention. If he cries, and attention given to him more he will continues this way.

Hi, i think first try distracting and if that doesn't work try to reason with him. Keep trying this for a while and i am sure your boy will also start understanding the resistance

Super Mum

What are the things he cries about?

Set rules and consequences.