This is a mummy guilt post. I am contemplating of either hiring a maid or sending my child to a student care. The thing is i have been sending her to be cared for since she was 2 months old. And i felt that 6 years is enough for her to go through all the long hrs of being in childcare. And i felt that its time for her to feel comfort in being able to be home early and rest as much as she could when she is in P1. Bt the cost of maid is pretty high compared to student care. Bt cost aside as a mummy the comfort of my child comes first. Who else is facing such dilemmas?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Our lo's always come first but sometimes what is best for the family is also best for them. If you go with a maid make sure it is someone that is going to get along with your child and your family - so your home stays as happy as ever. It also depends on if she has friends in childcare which makes sure she enjoys it - sorry it's not a straight answer but with these big decisions if you don't have a gut feeling then make a pro and con list for your little one and your family and see if it helps (I can't make a big decision without one!)

Read more

I opt for a maid cause the maid can also assist in cooking meals for your child. it can also lighten on your housework. I had a maid when my LO was abt 10mth old & I could see the diff. I was not that tense anymore at least I can have a proper meal while just eyeing my helper feed my girl. in the past without maid, I always have to feed my girl first & watch my husband eat first too which sometime set my temper off cause feel imbalance. lol.

Read more