Milk Powder

Any mummy from kkh have recently give birth? I would like to enquire regarding the milk powder that KKH uses & if not suitable for me that i wanna give my baby, can i bring my own? TIA

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I gave birth in Oct 2020 and they gave Grow, in small bottles which is not for sale. If you don’t want them to give formula then I suggest you diligently latch or pump breastmilk for baby’s feeding time every 2hrs. Easier especially now that they encourage newborns rooming with mummies. Never heard of anyone bringing their own milk powder though, you may want to check with the nurses. You may however, bring your own breastmilk storage bags or bottles and request the nurses to feed your baby with your expressed milk when baby is not with you.

Read more

when I gave birth July 2020 they give Dumex in a small ready to feed bottle but they will encourage u to do breastfeeding, they will monitor every feeding but if really don't have milk no other option but to take their own, I only change milk after 1 month as my baby not good with the milk brand

i delivered in Feb21, they will room in the baby so u can breastfeed ur LO. Upon request, they will provide ready feed bottled milk for ur LO. They will not use milk powder to feed.

I just gave birth in jan 2021. They use Dumex.. the cheapest kind. I don’t think you can bring your own. Because theirs is not in powder form.

I gave birth on August 2020 and KKH gave dumex. They encourage breastfeeding more than formula. You can’t bring your own milk powder.

VIP Member

I think most for the hospital now use loctogen cos my born is SGH oso given this

Earlier they gave dumex . I am not sure what they are giving now.

VIP Member

lactogen. now outside sell at around $38