Advice on OSCAR

Hello mummies I’m at 9.5 weeks now and was at Kkh on Monday. Doc advised to do OSCAR as I can’t do NIPT due to vanishing twin syndrome. Was told by AMC to come back next week at Week 10 to do OSCAR counselling and blood test for both me and my hubby. Was told blood test needs to be done before second trimester. However waited for days and no SMS appointment was sent to me. Called KKH and AMC say to only come back 27 March to do everything one shot. Scan and blood test, but by then I’ll be on second trimester already. Feeling confused. I’m wondering if KKH messed up somewhere? Anyone with OSCAR test experience can advise me on the correct procedure? #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my fts scan done on week 12 and gotten result on same day, fts blood test on week 9. give them a call asap to remind them the date allocated is too late for oscar..

1y ago

Thank you. I’ll be going for the Oscar counselling on Monday. Will check in with them again…. I did mention over the phone but they can’t advice and kept telling me to do both blood test and scan on week 13 which was super conflicting.

pls let the kkh hotline know it’ll be past the first trimester and see if they can slot you earlier. otherwise no point, you’ll have to miss the scan/blood test

1y ago

I’ll go down and talk to them on Monday!😁