Lochia or period?

Hello mummies! I'm 2 mths and 2 days pp. Had bleeding for the past 7 days. No smell like period but accompanied with cramps and bright & dark red bleeding. Is it my lochia hasn't finish or is it my period? Hoping to start fasting tomorrow 😞

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Lochia usually is clumpy, more clot like than period. I had mine on and off till abt 10 wks but not more than 3 days per occurrence with hardly any cramping so I'm not sure if tt's period or lochia. Mine was csect. I think u can try monitor and just mandi hadas first and see if there's anything on the 1st day of fasting. But anw, dont stress if it comes esp if ure still breastfeeding. U have a gd reason not to fast, just do the necessary pay bck and fidyah. Your health and baby's first!

Read more
3y ago

I don't see any clots on my pad but when I pee, yes. 8th day today and I still have bleeding but I saw some mucus and just a bit of yellowish discharge yesterday in between the bleeding. Not sure period or not so I didn't fast. Sigh! Sayang seh. But it's ok. Since I also just gave birth. Like you said I have a gd reason not to fast. Yes, I still breastfeed my baby although he's on mix feed.