Normal pad or Maternity pad

Hi mummies I wanna post this question. Because I have been using Sofy 42cm sanitary pads for my regular menses for heavy days. I wonder if I can still use that during the post pregnancy days. I was reading abt normal pads and maternity pads and some state that if you have stitches down there it will accidentely stuck on to your normal pad. Is it true?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For me, I personally preferred normal pad. I bought a pack of maternity pads, and was given maternity pad to wear during my 2D1N stay at the hospital. I changed out to normal pad upon my discharge and I felt more comfortable. I feel that the maternity toad is very thick and will cushion/press against the stitches (might be a good thing for some), while a normal pad won't. In terms of pain from the stitches, I didn't feel much difference between maternity pad and normal sanitary pad. You can wear the maternity pad from hospital and see if it's comfortable for you. No rush to buy cause I didn't use mine in the end.

Read more

I had an episiotomy and using the maternity pads made it felt more uncomfortable, as they were thicker. I used the normal maternity pads when I got home. But get those cotton ones. And change them regularly for hygiene purpose.

Super Mum

For the 1st few days, I used the maternity pad cos it is thicker & better absorption. But after that, I switch to my own pad and have no problem .

It should be okay but maternity pads are really much more comfortable due to its thickness and texture.

Go for the long & wide normal pad. Maternity pad can leak especially if you bleed heavily.

I preferred Normal pad.. not sure about it being stuck didn’t happen to me