Obsessed MIL!!!

Hi mummies! How should I start… So basically, my mil is very obsessed with my first son. Before he was born she was obsessed already and touching and rubbing my stomach which my husband asked me to! After giving birth, I can see that she treats my son as her son.. and on the first night at home, my son sleeps with her. And the reason why is that, my husband wants the both of us to rest which got me upset and away from my just 2-day child... As months go by, whenever I’m not happy about MY MIL. The husband refuses to listen and care for his mom’s feelings. Until now, my son is 4 months old. I feel like the husband doesn’t support my parenting style and letting MY MIL TAKE IN CHARGE! And mind you, I could not do anything about it even when I talked about it. I feel like my position as a wife is to give birth & let whatever MIL wants to do. I feel that my voice is not supposed to be heard by the husband😞 Thank you for reading my rant. #firstbaby #pleasehelp

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Common inlaws problem here. When baby was out for just a few days, they literally visited every single day, and stayed throughout the day which made me very tired during my confinement. Voiced out and my husband actually sided his family. Until 1 day I just couldn't take it and broke down, then he realised that it's really taking a toll on me. What more, everytime they came, they kept playing with baby, not allowing her time to sleep, don't pass baby back to me, when I go take baby, they still can say if people wan to take your child just let them be. Literally have 0 respect to me, as my child's mother, refusing to listen to whatever I say. My husband ans I quarreled so many times until we had a serious talk throughout the night and eventually came to a consensus that he has to stop his parents from being like this after he sees how tired and cranky baby is all the time. I guess communication is quite important and how we try to relay our point to them. But sometimes they need to see for themselves then they understand, else whatever we say just goes to drain. As tho everything needs proof.

Read more