HL before delivery

Hi mummies, do your gynae give HL before delivery? If yes, how long do they give.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi mummy! i'm a subsidised patient from NUH, i requested for HL during check up, but doctor only give me 1 day HL, then i was diagnosed with preterm labour contractions and was admitted for less than 24 hours, upon discharged doctor gave me 9 days HL, then followup checkup, i was given another 12 days of HL.

Read more

first pregnancy, requested from SGH gynae for HL and they gave me 2 weeks before EDD. apparently we are entitled to 2 weeks of HL based on what the gynae informed me. likewise for 2nd pregnancy, requested for HL and given 2 weeks HL at SGH also before EDD. will request same for 3rd pregnancy as well 🤣

Read more
2y ago

Hello! Were you a sub or private patient at sgh? Coz i heard it’s a little difficult to get HL for sub patient :(

all my pregnancy I didn't get HL. Gynae will give if you have complications or need you to rest further. if all fine, you don't need HL. Cause i was advice to walk more so that i can easily deliver.

No HL, I got GDM and other complications but gynae refused to give. Gynae advised to go GP to get MC if needed

VIP Member

yes but only cos i had abit complications..dont think they will give if u have no probs with ur pregnancy..

yes im 36 wreks 4 dats edd 5 feb 2022 i go HL frm today till my edd no complications just very swollen foot

2y ago

My edd is 5th Feb as well! gg for my 36th week appt today. I am gg to request for HL As i was 2cm dilated at 34 weeks alr.

VIP Member

yes..i was given HL by my gynae for 2weeks before my delivery date.

Yes, got HL (1week) at 38 weeks as I was already 3cm dilated.

got myself warded for 2d1n, and 18 days of HL.

11mo ago

Whats the reason you were warded ?

Yes! She gave me at 37 weeks onwards