Mummies did u experience wrist pain postpartum and how long did it last? It has been 8 months alr.

Hi mummies, my wrist have been hurting since I gave birth. Seen doctor thrice already, they say it's inflammation. Western gave inflammation med, Chinese gave tonic. Still have not recovered and I experience numbness and sharp pains almost daily. My LO already 8 months going 9 months now. Wondering if there is any cure for this?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

also had wrist pain after 1st child... didnt seem to disappear... when i had my 2nd, i purposedly used wet wipes to wipe my hands instead of washing (i wash my hands a lot after my 1st)... there was no wrist pain... i usually do not believe in myths & do not avoid any foods i already usually eat... but i do try to stay away from bathing (only bathing once on day 14 during confinement) & washing.

Read more
12mo ago

I also washed my hands alot after giving birth. Had to wash bottles and pump. also regret didn't get a confinement nanny so I had to do everything myself.

the only cure is rest and proper posture of the wrist, don’t bend it more than 45deg and lie it flat when you can. mine took 6 months to recover. i did acupuncture and it helped too.

12mo ago

I see! thank you so much for sharing. I'll try out acupuncture and see if it helps!