Pain during sex after birth

Hi mummies, I gave birth in August last year so it's been 5+ months now. My husband and I have been trying to have sex again but it's always too painful for me to continue. Anyone experience this before? Not sure if I should go visit the doctor or if it'll go away on its own.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think it helps to have a gynae who's good with stitches. Dr Phoon Jessie from STOG did an excellent stitch, even the nurse next to her was impressed. I vaguely recalled that I could have sex 1 month PP and using of washroom right after childbirth was ok for me too. Nothing too unusual. I had natural birth.

Read more
3mo ago

thanks for sharing, that's amazing! i recovered pretty quickly (stopped painkillers around 1w+) so i thought my gynae did a good job but now i'm not so sure...

I am going to be 3month PP and we tried having sex but it was painful for me that I had to ask my husband to stop .. also wondering if I should see gyane on this... natural birth here and had a 2nd degree tear. last visit gyane said the healing was good. dk what to do also ..sigh 😕

3mo ago

same, i also had natural birth + stitches. my gynae also said i was healing well and cleared me... been feeling the pain during sex from after 3M PP too and it's not getting better even now at 5M. sigh

Did you have natural birth or csect? For me csect after 6 weeks still ok so far no pain. Might check with gynae

3mo ago

I had natural birth and had stitches so maybe that's why 🥲