Sock wearing; when to wear and when not to wear.

Hello mummies. Just wondering when do you stop wearing socks for your LO? My LO has been wearing sock everyday since birth and she hardly removed it because she has sweaty feet. If I don’t wear socks for her, her feet will be wet and cold. My husband said her toes are like curling up and it might be due to sock wearing which I’m not sure. She’s turning 7mo now. I stopped wearing mittens for her when she’s 2mo because I know she needs to explore and move her fingers, so how about toes? Needed some advice as I’m FTM Thanks a lot.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My LO is 7 mths too and I don't let him wear socks at all at home but only when we go out for a family outing. Their body is still regulating their body temperature so it's normal for them to feel cold on their feet but you can feel her true body temperature on her stomach or armpit. We are living in a humid country. Even the whites in a 4 season country let their LO explore their toes w/o wearing socks/shoes until they're bigger or in the cold season. By now your LO should be putting her toes into her mouth already, to explore.

Read more

I only let my LO wear socks during night sleep time because usually I don't cover her with blanket. She is going 1 year old and has been wearing since birth. I think don't wear during the day and just wear at night when she sleeps