Terrible blocked nose during pregnancy

Hi mummies! Wondering if anyone also experienced blocked/ stuffy nose during your pregnancy, especially at night time? I have difficulties in breathing thus affected the sleep quality. What do you do to improve the situation? Thanks!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Mimi! I suffered from serious blocked/ stuffy in my first trimester and couldn’t breath when sleeping at night or when in aircon malls/ places too. It got to the point where I could only breathe through my mouth and had dry, cracked lips. It was only after I consulted my gynae and he gave me prescription to get nasal spray from the pharmacy (Watsons/ Guardian) then I could breathe better. Do note that the spray contains some steroid but it’s perfectly safe for pregnant women. I took the nasal spray according to gynae’s instructions thereafter changed to alternate days only as gynae said it is best to continue till pregnancy ends. Also would suggest you hire deep cleaning professionals to clean up the dust mites in your house. Especially the bed and pillows as my condition totally resolved after we had our mattress “deep cleansed”/ rid of dust mites.

Read more
2y ago

Thank you ❤️