How strict are you as a mum?

Hello mummies, Just wondering how strict are you in terms of diet, disciplinary and screen time? Do you once in a while let you toddler (>1 year old) eats yogurt from the fridge? Or say for eg. Taste a little of whatever the parents eat? How about screen time? My girl, currently 1 year old plus, will request for us to on TV for her 😂 but we do restrict her. So maybe abt 5-10mins per screen time. Just wondering if it’s recommended to give in sometimes? #1stimemom looking around for parenting tips. Thanks!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

I'm quite a strict mum. baby currently 19 month. diet- I made baby food myself every meal. I gave yoghurt since 1yo but those buttons. cold yoghurt only after 18 months. allow other food tasting after 18 months. screen time- after 18 months she only allow 30 min a day spread to 2 times. I will use screen time to play with her sing along do actions. 1 month now she can do a full song of action for wheel on the bus. she will sing along when she hear music. but is baby language singing.

Read more
Super Mum

Depends on what you're comfortable with, there's no one right way to parent. I'm very experimental when it comes to food, I feed my toddler a lot of different things to see what she likes. I only restrict super sweet or unhealthy stuff like candy, ice cream, sausage,.. For screen time I do 1 hour a day at a set timing so we don't show whenever she asks so she can form a routine.

Read more
VIP Member

Definitely no screen time, and my LO is 18 months. Diet wise, he does have a menu from mon to sun and it changes depends on his preferences. Discipline wise, need to let him know what’s the boundary and especially positive reinforcement and will talk to him.

Read more