Spinning during second trimester

Any mummies here who does spinning? Can I check if you have been spinning during your second / third trimester? Has it affected your physical health in any way? Or threatened baby’s growth? Thanks in advanced!

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hey Serene, You must be really fit! As a trained and experienced doula, I’d suggest that you perhaps not go into spinning due to the fact that it involves the pelvic area and because during the third trimester lots of relaxin is being released and therefore joints are loosened, there is a higher risk of injury. Spinning as an exercise tends to put lots of strain on the joints and the movements in the upper body while remaining in a straddled position, I would perhaps like to suggest brisk walks or even pilates as long as it’s off the belly. The pelvis is really important during birth so learning to breathe and relax the pelvic floor will be extremely beneficial. Hope this helps and congratulations!

Read more
2y ago

Ah… I see. Thank you for your advice! I shall reconsider my decisions (: appreciate it much!