Maternity cloths

Mummies when did you start to wear maternity cloths..my baby bumb is not visible yet. Just started my 4 th month. Do I need to buy Maternity cloths soon?

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You should buy soon if you want to wear maternity style soon. Otherwise the clothes wont be fully utilized if you buy too late and only wear it a couple of months. Maternity pants and shorts are useful as it is either low cut or have a extra stretchable fabric to fit your growing belly. Dresses depending. Depends on your style. I used to wear empire line or baby doll even before pregnancy so getting the pregnancy cuttings usually are softer in material or has more pleats for the growing belly. It was helpful for me cause my baby belly is considered quite big compared to others. So i was glad i bought them. I also tried to choose styles that I would still wear post pregnancy, so that they dont get wasted. I buy my maternity clothings from this store at shopee: https://shopee.sg/goaryunve.sg?smtt=0.139897065-1664752353.9 Most are comfy and fits well too. Never regretted getting them! Uniqlo maternity tights was a good buy for me too. I have 3 of them. $19.90. But their pants are too ex, so I didn’t spend on the pants.

Read more
TapFluencer

Personally, I didn't do any clothes overhaul during my first 2 pregnacies and dont intend to for my current one either. Except for maternity bottoms (jeans, pants and skirt; one of each) I find it a waste of money when I could save them for other baby related expenses. Although I'm a size L top, I can still fit in my tees and dresses particularly bcos my tees are stretchable and I pair my dresses with 3/4 bottoms or pants all the way until I deliver at 35 and 37 weeks. However, this is my own personal opinion la. If you wish to buy, up to you also. When? Can wait until your waist line starts to feel uncomfy and clothes feels too body hugging.

Read more

i started wearing from 6mths. actually there are really pretty maternity dresses around! dress the beautiful bump while it lasts! 😄 you can find nursing dress too, so that you can still wear during pregnancy and after delivery. for casual wears, tops are easy because can still wear existing ones. i had to get maternity shorts because even up-sized shorts cannot fit by 7mths 😅

Read more

personally I didn't get any maternity clothes.. the only thing I got was maternity denim shorts.. I could still fit into most of my oversized or stretchy knit dresses or at most when I shop online I shop for a less restrictive cutting with a size up! :) more practical as I would probably wear them after I pop

Read more
TapFluencer

I only bought maternity denim shorts and upsized my bras (wireless ones from Uniqlo). Other than that, I’m planning to stick to whatever I already have - beach dresses, tunics, loose tops, fitted yet stretchy dresses. I have A LOT of clothes and don’t wanna spend more on items that I won’t wear after delivery.

Read more

I only bought maternity shorts (those with the elastic at the belly area). Oh and had to purchase new bras / bra extenders cos rib cage increased size. managed to fit my flowy dresses throughout pregnancy. Might be better to buy flowy dresses that are somewhat free size that you can wear after giving birth too!

Read more

Started with maternity shorts around 4-5 months onwards. Recalled that I suddenly can't fit into normal demin shorts just 2 weeks after last wear during 4th month. But the earliest item I got is maternity bra! It was so uncomfortable wearing normal wired bra after 2-3 months.

Most maternity clothing is unfashionable or ugly. Just size up on regular clothing for more options! Not necessary to wear only maternity clothing in pregnancy. Wear whatever you feel the best in 😀

I only bought 2 maternity shorts and a long pants. was still wearing my existing clothing otherwise. fyi I'm a big size gal to start of with and gain 6kg for whole pregnancy.

Only got maternity denim shorts from Shein since week 10. Other than that I just lived in loose fit t-shirts and dresses that are smocked at the chest area 😀