Maternity/newborn insurance

Hey fellow mummies/mummies to be! Did you ladies buy any maternity insurance? Is it necessary, how many weeks in did you buy it, and which company is good/would you recommend? :) Also do all maternity insurance include baby insurance after delivery or would you recommend getting a separate baby insurance? Thank you! :) #advicepls

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I took AIA Mum2baby maternity insurance at 15 wks as it can be transferred to baby aft birth. It's a whole life plan. Hassle free as I don't need to submit any document (pregnancy no complication). As opposed to NTUC income which I tried to get before settling for AIA, NTUC required me to submit all kinds of doc's letters inc NIPT and because I have asthma too, somehow they up the premium even when there's doc's letter to say tt my asthma under control and doesn't affect my pregnancy.

Read more

I got it from ge when I was about 5 months preg. It gets transferred to the baby when he’s born, after which I got the hosp and accident plan for him. Get it from ge! They are now having a promo where you can get the free baby bag which is really useful.

just a word of advice - when u buy insurance do check if it has any weight limits on preterm babies below 37 weeks. From my sister's experience, GE will reject claim for ICU for preterm babies if over ~2 kg.

better get it as early as possible (like 15-20 weeks, I think), so mother can get covered even if get diagnosed with other conditions later on. I wanted to get AIA but was too late(GDM & other conditions).

AIA, got it when I was 32+ weeks last year. I was 32 when I got it and premium is $108.93. After birth, transferred over to baby as life plan. Then I bought hospital and accident plans for my baby.

3y ago

can recommend

VIP Member

Yes I bought it. Just felt that to be safe than sorry. Aia

I bought from Prudential at week 13

Got from GE prior to my wk 20 scan.