Scanning for baby in first trimester

Hi mummies when is the best time to do scanning during first trimester

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

first pregnancy and i was anxious, so went to priv doc at week 4 (saw ges sac & yolk sac but no baby as it was too early), went back 2 weeks later which measure me at 6+3weeks so my little bean and heartbeat❤after that went to polyclinic to get referral and had another scan at week 8😁 now just looking forward to the next scan on march

Read more

I went at 5 weeks 4 days. (I thought was 6 weeks) Yolk sac has a heartbeat already. Which is the most exciting part coz when you’re there early (before 8 weeks) you don’t see nothing so when u get to hear the heart beat and see a little fluttering inside. You know there’s a life!

I know some moms usually go as early as 6 weeks and come back at 8 weeks. I did mine at 8 weeks as i got to know i am pregnant during the 7th week. Best to go poly first to confirm your pregnancy and let them refer you to kkh as there's subsidies 😊

Read more

Week 7 onwards. I went too early before week 6 and had to kept taking hcg tests to confirm the pregnancy hormone does increase every other day. For me the yolk sac is detected at week 6 through the ultrasound.

I went at week 5 for scan to confirm pregnancy. At time can only see yolk sac and gestational sac but can’t see baby yet. I only get to hear and see my baby’s heartbeat at week 9.

usually is wk 7. then if u wan to get subs, then go poly clinic to get referral or.. if u hav chas, any gp under chas can refer too

I already see panel dr confirm pregnant. 🤗 so meaning to say is best to go poly first and from poly they will refer us to kk?

3y ago

Yes that's better if you want to be under subsidies pt.

TapFluencer

advisable to go see gynae once you are tested positive on the pregnancy kit, to ensure everything is okay.

Thanks all for ur kind reply!