Help

Hello mummies, do u usually interview the helper before u hire ? If so, what do u usually ask? Appreciate much :)

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes please interview face to face. Pick a agency can get replacement helper. Please ask if there’s any fee. Pick a helper can communicate with you n family. Note: All helpers will say “yes yes yes” but jz don’t believe 100%. They have flaws too. You have to guide them along. I was comparing 2 helpers. I go with my instinct. She has a 1.5 yo toddler etc so I took her instead . However, I give myself 3 months see whether she can work n listen to my instruction. Look at her background experiences. Nationality doesn’t matter. She must sincere to work & can communicate. I would suggest, Don’t look for too young. ( they have phone issues mostly likely which I heard alot ) Get a cctv in your house. Eg, stealing, abusing, didn’t do house work properly etc so you can capture. Plan your rules at home strictly , especially phone. Make sure they work finish then can use phone. *You can cover one eye to let her use phone /on music while folding / ironing clothes only* My helper doesn’t have off days. She only use phone after her work. I’m ok if she on music or WhatsApp her family while folding clothes. But I told my helper, baby is main priority. Cooking can learn, but make sure within 1-3 months you must know how to cook e dishes. (Depends on you n family ) your mom or mil can always stand beside n guide. Most importantly, have heart to work & communication. Hope it helps :)

Read more
5y ago

Thank you. This helps a lot

VIP Member

Yes you should def interview your helper before you hire. You need to ensure that you all have chemistry after all this is a stranger living in your house. Questions to ask - what do you enjoy doing - what do you not like doing - what do you know how to cook? - do you have a Husband. Do you have kids. How many kids? - why did you come to Singapore? - how often do you want to go home? - do you have friends and family in Singapore?

Read more