Tips on how to stay hydrated at 6 weeks of pregnancy

Hi Mummies any tips on how to keep yourself hydrated? I drank mineral water and it triggers me to vomit.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We have same issue im on my 11th week and still getting hard time to drink water which alleviates my excess saliva build up, then eventually triggers me to vomit. I drink warm water in the morning then the rest of the day i rarely drink water but fruit juice works for me, also i eat watermelon most of the day.

Read more

Any form of liquid can hydrate you. Yes, plain water is better as it does not have sugar etc but for a temporary solution until your aversion ends, any drink will do. Just control on the sugary and caffinated drinks.

Im at my 15th week and water will make me vomit too so I've been drinking 100 zero throughout and it helps. Try not to drink water on empty stomach as it triggers the vomiting as well cos it does for me

Gynae and PD told me to try drink H2O (at least once a day) so to keep me hydrated.. And I also had milo throughout as I can’t drink much

room temperature water made me sick too.. I would add lemon slices into cold water or other times I would sip on juices or 100 plus.

try sparkling water, flavored water, fruit infused tea, or cold tea bags?

try ribena, orange juice, lemon water or even fruits like apple ?

I try ice water instead of normal temp water.

How about warm water instead of plain water?

try ice cold water