Quit work during pregnancy

Any mummies quit their job during your pregnancy? Care to share your experience? TIA. I’m currently at 24weeks+ and I’m very tempted to quit due to lack of motivation. Furthermore I have no more annual leave or sick leave. Want to quit so badly but it’ll mean that I won’t have any income during my maternity leave. And I won’t qualify for any working mom subsidy anymore. Life feels so stagnant and shitty now. I know I shouldn’t be saying this but I don’t know if I made the right choice to keep the baby in the first place. Baby is so innocent.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If it’s only due to lack of motivation, try to stay on till you end ML. At the very least you’ll get paid for that extra 4 months. You’re already halfway there, you can make it! The rest like working mum or what, that one can stress later, at the very least still got further subsidies and can use CDA first then when LO grows older then you start working and contributing into CDA again. It’s normal to feel this way, we are also human too, I felt the same too. Once you see your LO you’ll feel better all over again. 😊

Read more

Hi mummy, I also lost motivation at work already but for the sake of salary for that 4 months, just have to stay on. I’m counting down the days to my EDD (also the days left at work) U can serve notice during maternity leave as well, check ur company policies. Channel the energy to taking care of baby and yourself and finding job later or during maternity :)

Read more

please mummy already nearby u can do it.Take your baby as a motivation.😊

Jiayou mummy! Hang in there, you can do it. Almost there already! 😊